Author Topic: Shotgun lengths and stocks  (Read 366 times)

March 12, 2017, 05:12:49 pm
Read 366 times

bobbylovely

• View Profile
Hi all is there a law in the UK that states a gun has to be of a minimum length.  Also are folding stocks legal or do they need to be fixed in place, as i think i read somewhere.

March 12, 2017, 08:38:57 pm
Reply #1

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
UK legal shotgun must be 40 inch overall and a minimum 24 inch barrel (firearm shotguns differ) and 2 or 2+1 shot.
Folding stocks are allowed.......providing the folded length remains 40 inches! You could fit a folding stock but you would need a LONG barrel!

So if a "normal" barrel length then the stock would need to be fixed. Same applies to pistol grips, sadly.

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

March 13, 2017, 10:04:18 pm
Reply #2

bobbylovely

• View Profile
Ok thanks for the info.  I thought the pistol grips were ok as there are fitted to many shotguns on the UK market.  Are there any legal implications of importing a folding stock into the UK from Europe you know of?

March 14, 2017, 07:39:21 am
Reply #3

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
You can obtain almost all accessories, it's the legality of fitting them that should be of concern! The alternative would be to purchase a "tactical" stock such as those fitted to Hatsan or Mossbergs. You can fit an extension on to a 2+1 mag. It won't be illegal because the mag would still be only 2+1, just longer! It's purely cosmetic.

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"