Campaign for Armed Self-Defence

Author Topic: Hello all and welcome back  (Read 551 times)

Offline Roman A

• Gun control means hitting your target.
    • View Profile
Hello all and welcome back
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:42:18 pm »
Hello everyone, long time no see, and Its glad to have the forum re-open and running again. Shame what happened with the lost forum though; all the topics and articles lost.
"Those who give up liberty for safety, deserve neither and will loose both"

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Torgunner

• View Profile
Re: Hello all and welcome back
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 12:48:02 am »
We will arise out of the ashes and have a better forum.
You have nothing if you have no rights.

Offline Spike

• NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:43 am »
Better forum, same crappy laws.

Viva la revolution!!

Sun stroke! 😡

Spike.
Spike.

Offline Torgunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:33 pm »
Better forum, same crappy laws.

Viva la revolution!!

Sun stroke! 😡

Spike.

Well you know Brits tend to engineer creative solutions to get around the spirit of the law.

Offline Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 03:33:53 pm »
Did anyone notice that the government is looking at banning the rifles made with the lever release mechanism. Allegedly it is not in the 'spirit of the law'! The law states that the rifle must not chamber a round and 'cock' the bolt (semi auto). Lever release mechanism cycles after firing to an open bolt state. The lever is actuated to release the bolt and the trigger still has to be pulled. SO NOT SEMI AUTO THEN!

They are using the same tactics to interpret the law as manufacturers do to circumvent ridiculous laws, badly written!

Bar stewards!!!

Spike.
Spike.

Offline Torgunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:43 am »
Did anyone notice that the government is looking at banning the rifles made with the lever release mechanism. Allegedly it is not in the 'spirit of the law'! The law states that the rifle must not chamber a round and 'cock' the bolt (semi auto). Lever release mechanism cycles after firing to an open bolt state. The lever is actuated to release the bolt and the trigger still has to be pulled. SO NOT SEMI AUTO THEN!

They are using the same tactics to interpret the law as manufacturers do to circumvent ridiculous laws, badly written!

Bar stewards!!!

Spike.

That is really lame. At least you can get live handguns in obscure calibres, .22 self loading rifles, blackpowder double action .357 revolvers, and old spec deacs.

Offline Spike

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:39 am »
All true, as long as you jump through the hoops, but is anything you can't shoot, really worth paying for? You pay for the market value (where?) for the original and then get charged for some unqualified welder to butcher the purchase and then you have to pay for that too!

It breaks my heart to see some fine guns turned into scrap metal. Try using one as a paperweight when your friendly local liaison officer arrives.......

Spike.
Spike.

Offline Torgunner

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2018, 08:42:23 pm »
All true, as long as you jump through the hoops, but is anything you can't shoot, really worth paying for? You pay for the market value (where?) for the original and then get charged for some unqualified welder to butcher the purchase and then you have to pay for that too!

It breaks my heart to see some fine guns turned into scrap metal. Try using one as a paperweight when your friendly local liaison officer arrives.......

Spike.

Elsewhere they remove the barrel and torch cut the reciever. At least they are keeping historical guns mostly intact.

Offline Roman A

• Gun control means hitting your target.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:43 pm »
We will arise out of the ashes and have a better forum.

I do hope so
"Those who give up liberty for safety, deserve neither and will loose both"

Benjamin Franklin