' Gun Laws and Ownership in Central & Latin America
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 12:04:20 pm
Home Help Search Webchat Login Register
News: Firearms UK handgun ban repeal petition - http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/62588

+  Campaign for Armed Self-defence - a no-compromise pro gun UK forum
|-+  Arm Britain discussion
| |-+  General Right to Bear Arms Discussion
| | |-+  Gun Laws and Ownership in Central & Latin America
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gun Laws and Ownership in Central & Latin America  (Read 2158 times)
Cutaway

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:30:28 am »

If anyone wants to discuss about what the title says.

What are the laws down there like?.
3070dan
Campaigner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:13:10 am »

I know that in Mexico, gun ownership is either extremely strict or completely illegal. I think you can own and carry in Brazil if you are licenced, im not sure on that, I would have to look into that further. As for the other countries there, I do not know. There are other countries with good gun laws, such as America, Canada, switzland, and one or two east european countries. How come you are interested in the mid and south American region?
Cutaway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:52:16 pm »

How come you are interested in the mid and south American region?

Its just that both continents are to an extent very much like europe and should be kept note of. In Argentina, hunting is very popular in the Cordoba province and its possible SMGs can be owned as long as a licence is held.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPvEcU1PDmM&feature=related

Chris
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 03:45:17 am »

I know that in Mexico, gun ownership is either extremely strict or completely illegal. I think you can own and carry in Brazil if you are licenced, im not sure on that, I would have to look into that further. As for the other countries there, I do not know. There are other countries with good gun laws, such as America, Canada, switzland, and one or two east european countries. How come you are interested in the mid and south American region?

Honestly, Canada's laws aren't that great. Semi auto rifles restricted to 5 rounds, certain "assault rifles" banned, need permission from police to transport firearms from one place to another (Authorize to transport), 28 day waiting period, minimum barrel length and capacity for pistols.

You can argue that they are the same as Australia's, except semi auto rifles/shotguns and pump action shotguns are legal.

Here is a link btw... http://panda.com/canadaguns/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Member of The Internet Defense League HideMyAss.com Member of The Internet Defense League