Author Topic: 2016 deactivation specs - No moving parts, EVERY gun welded solid  (Read 6430 times)

December 30, 2015, 03:36:06 am
Read 6430 times

AgentParabellum

• Campaigner

• View Profile
The new specifications for deactivated guns has been agreed and will come into force next year.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1451438348900&uri=CELEX:32015R2403

Anything deactivated before April 2016 will be illegal to sell (all those people who paid thousands of pounds for MP40s and STG44s will have to pay to have them welded into solid lumps of rubbish worth nothing to anyone)

Pistols will also have to be welded solid. Even the magazine has to be welded in place at the base..

Tripod mounted machine guns also need to be fully welded with no moving parts, like SMGs and automatic rifles.

In all there is absolutely nothing left to fight for once the 'full' ban comes in. It seemed everybody agreed that it would be 'a good idea' to standardize specifications on deactivated guns and voted this in. Even shooting organizations were supporting this.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:48:36 am by AgentParabellum »

... because you can't exactly carry a policeman in your pocket.

December 30, 2015, 03:17:33 pm
Reply #1

Weston

• Campaigner

• View Profile
I guess some people were getting too good at using the Dremel tool.  There is always metal class.  ;)

Weston
“Give me control over a nations currency, and I care not who makes its laws” – Baron M.A. Rothschild

December 30, 2015, 07:34:02 pm
Reply #2

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
Obvious question.

Why do the people who want/buy butchered pieces of metal, that used to be guns, not just join a club and apply for a licence and shoot for real?

Ok some may be ineligible for a licence, but they could still shoot at the club, with club guns. It isn't expensive.

I could not bring myself to buying something that's just a paper weight.

And yes it is a choice thing, just not my choice.

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

December 31, 2015, 01:16:06 am
Reply #3

Notavictim

• View Profile
Ahhhhh, yet ANOTHER case of Brussels dictating laws for the UK! The sooner the UK removes itself for the EU dictatorship the better for all concerned.

Ruling like this doesn't bode well for the reversal of the 1997 handgun ban, does it?  :(
It's MY choice, allow me the curtesy of using it

April 14, 2016, 02:04:22 pm
Reply #4

RifledJustice

• View Profile
So has this actually come into effect? I still have a browse and see some sites selling "moving parts" de-acts.

April 14, 2016, 03:08:43 pm
Reply #5

Jayen4

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
Well,in my view,this will have one of two effects......

1: People will 'go underground' to buy their guns.....on a far larger scale than happens already !
 2: People will take to building their own un-registered,no serial number guns,as they do in the U.S.  ......

I have a de-act AK 47 (type 56-1 actually),which could be re-activated with a little work and a couple of parts replaced.......  ;)

Why anyone would pay good money for what would be nothing more than a gun shaped pile of scrap,is beyond me ! 
  As someone has already said......the sooner we are out of the E.U. the better !!! AND...once we ARE out,then throw out ALL the scamming ,self interested 'politicians/controllers' and start again !

April 14, 2016, 06:52:40 pm
Reply #6

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
This has been thrown out apparently, along with a few other proposed restrictions.

April 17, 2016, 02:27:11 pm
Reply #7

AgentParabellum

• Campaigner

• View Profile
This has been thrown out apparently, along with a few other proposed restrictions.

No, its still very much the big mess it was. Once the Policing and Crime Bill passes all previous deactivated weapons will be considered 'defectively deactivated' and could earn you up to 5 years in jail.

... because you can't exactly carry a policeman in your pocket.

April 17, 2016, 10:03:17 pm
Reply #8

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
Not if you have the original proof house deactivation record.

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"