Author Topic: UK political parties - Gun ownership policy comparison  (Read 54882 times)

January 04, 2011, 12:55:55 pm
Reply #50

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    An armed society is a polite society...
    • View Profile
Thought you had your FAC looking at your other posts and vids, what happened? how did they delay it?

Well I had practically signed up for an my UKPSA safety course but got work overseas.  So I cancelled that, got a refund and went off on my adventures.

The local gun club, that previously had been reasonable with me, saying 'Get your practical safety course done and we'll use that as authority for FAC application as you've been with us over a year'
While I was overseas they turned around and had a meeting about my probationary membership.

I had wanted to change things a bit, to make the gun club more up-to-date - Website, more practical carbine shoots etc etc.
Well they all sat down and some slimeball amid their ranks who doesn't like my 'style' turned around and said 'Buzz had a link on his website for arm britain who advocate the right to bear arms and self-defence! *Whine Whine.*
That was the crux of me getting the boot.
The official reason was my 'shooting practices' would be best suited with another gun club.  Which is basically an insult given the times I've kowtowed and towed the line with them.  It's a twenty mile round-trip and I was rolling up their every week some months.  The guys who've got their FAC only have to attend 3 times a year, it was like a ghost club some months.  Fair enough, but putting in all that effort really pissed me off (still pisses me off).

They wouldn't change but want to keep their club an ivory-towered establishment.
The gun club culture of gun ownership HAS to change, it's strangling people.
I'll give you an example.
Just after I'd joined a father and son showed up.  Unrelated and unknown.
Well I was nearby as one of the three 'grand masters' explained the bs FAC procedure.
He put it across in such a drab, morbid and fearful way that the pair were gone before and never seen again.  If I knew then what I know now I'm positive I could of gotten the guy in the door, signed up and on the road to FAC and practically assure him of a SGC.  Hell I'd even help the guy installing it!
Not this bunch of clowns. 
I was a bit starry-eyed at the whole 'gun club scene' at that point but even then I thought 'He could of done that better.'
Ok Rant over.

January 04, 2011, 02:07:00 pm
Reply #51

Kent Militia

There are a few young people at my club who I keep egging on to get their FAC and they ask me advice like on where to put up a cabinet or to what the FEO asks when they come over for interview. I think the problem is that people make it out to seem that an FAC is too hard and too scary to get and it is not. As long as you have done your probationary period you should be fine, then it's just a hassle of getting a cabinet and waiting for interview and for your licence to arrrive.

I gues nowadays people lack patience.

January 04, 2011, 08:55:22 pm
Reply #52

Unknown Male 282

• View Profile
Thanks Buzz, I am going to start looking around for a club and start on the road to FAC and SGC. Been getting a load of info from you guys on the posts and doin some other research so got a good idea of what to look for. Are there are good pro gun (for defence) clubs about or due you have to keep that really low key and put up with the usual club BS that most clubs in any hobby attract

January 04, 2011, 10:39:23 pm
Reply #53

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 ;)

I would suggest keeping quiet until you have full membership. Then see how the land lays thereafter..

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

January 05, 2011, 12:13:37 am
Reply #54

Kent Militia

This is what I have done and it has paid off since I realised that people in a club open up to a full member and you can learn that some of them are pro-self defence they are just scared of what others will think that are not "in the club".

July 23, 2011, 03:00:16 pm
Reply #55

Morpheus

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
I thought this post was about political parties? an interesting topic and one that should be the main topic on Arm Britain.com. It ought not to be diluted to sniffing gun oil and comparing eye relief  ;)

Nationalist, separatist, autonomist, pro-independence fringe parties are dangerous and seam to be opportunist wanting power. Once obtained, you will see a different monster. Little time or patience should be afforded to those who divide society. For our cause to succeed perhaps we should convince the mainstream politicians, the popular safe guys, the unionist, those who seek to unification of peoples? We might then obtain a better consensus and less division.

Simply voting to fascist parties because they offer our guns back is a mindless selfish act that will inevitably fuel the mistrust and intensions of the fringe parties by the mainstream politicians.

Understand your enemy; anyone in power will be cautious of firearms ownership in large numbers. The countless civil wars over time teaches even the most dumb politician that people can turn upon you. Human nature?. easy to the top, but hard to stay there, and to govern you control. The more you need to stay, the more you control those who wish you removed.

We have a long way to go.
"Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus"
(We are slaves of the law in order that we may be able to be free.)

July 23, 2011, 05:08:46 pm
Reply #56

3070dan

• Campaigner

• View Profile
I thought this post was about political parties? an interesting topic and one that should be the main topic on Arm Britain.com. It ought not to be diluted to sniffing gun oil and comparing eye relief  ;)

Nationalist, separatist, autonomist, pro-independence fringe parties are dangerous and seam to be opportunist wanting power.

I would think that most, if not, then all parties, are opportunistic, and want power.

Once obtained, you will see a different monster.

Once power has been obtained, all politicians do something different from what they said they where going to do.

Little time or patience should be afforded to those who divide society.

I think that the political left divides society.

For our cause to succeed perhaps we should convince the mainstream politicians,

That will not happen.

the popular safe guys,

Who are they?

the unionist,

I don't see why these guys would help.

those who seek to unification of peoples? We might then obtain a better consensus and less division.

I don't think that it is possible to unify all people.

Simply voting to fascist parties because they offer our guns back is a mindless selfish act that will inevitably fuel the mistrust and intensions of the fringe parties by the mainstream politicians.

Would a party that is truely fascist allow people to own firearms, with little or no controls?

Understand your enemy; anyone in power will be cautious of firearms ownership in large numbers. The countless civil wars over time teaches even the most dumb politician that people can turn upon you. Human nature?. easy to the top, but hard to stay there, and to govern you control. The more you need to stay, the more you control those who wish you removed.

You are right here, even I don't think that we are going to get these rights back, simply by voting for the correct politician. I don't think that you could hardly achieve anything by simply voting for the correct politician.

July 24, 2011, 09:31:11 am
Reply #57

Morpheus

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
One thing that is for sure, change happens slowly in old blighty. After many smokey committee meetings, over a gin or two whilst displying a well trimmed cookie duster...a motion will be deeply concidered, refelcted upon, then after a nice cup of earl grey we come to the right conclusion for the greater good. Its what makes Great Brittain Great !  I feel all warm inside again.  ;D
"Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus"
(We are slaves of the law in order that we may be able to be free.)

July 24, 2011, 10:38:26 pm
Reply #58

gun touting lefty

• Master of the five stringed banjo

• View Profile
maby we should try to convince people that haveing the right to bear arms will allow us to stop the 'evil' Tories from dismantaling the NHS.

just a thought.
i find it odd that if i say guns, drugs and prostitutes in the same sentance, people assume that i mean organised criminals.when i could just as easily be talking about libertarians.

August 20, 2011, 01:03:01 am
Reply #59

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    An armed society is a polite society...
    • View Profile

Nationalist, separatist, autonomist, pro-independence fringe parties are dangerous and seam to be opportunist wanting power.

I would think that most, if not, then all parties, are opportunistic, and want power.

Once obtained, you will see a different monster.

Once power has been obtained, all politicians do something different from what they said they where going to do.

Little time or patience should be afforded to those who divide society.

I think that the political left divides society.

For our cause to succeed perhaps we should convince the mainstream politicians,

That will not happen.

the popular safe guys,

Who are they?

the unionist,

I don't see why these guys would help.

those who seek to unification of peoples? We might then obtain a better consensus and less division.

I don't think that it is possible to unify all people.

Would a party that is truely fascist allow people to own firearms, with little or no controls?

You are right here, even I don't think that we are going to get these rights back, simply by voting for the correct politician. I don't think that you could hardly achieve anything by simply voting for the correct politician.

At the end of the day the only way to create change that's needed is for a political party to make the changes. 
That's the way the UK is entrenched and organised.  We are the peasants and slave-class to the stooges in parliament.  Things aren't going to change by themselves alas...

October 20, 2011, 10:11:50 pm
Reply #60

shooter

• View Profile
Australia has a shooter and hunters party.
Britain too needs something like that.
You want more gun control? try using both hands.

God created man and god created woman. It was Samuel Colt who made them equal.

I dont dial 999; i dial 308.

Forget the dog; beware of the owner.

You shall fear no man, no matter what his size;
When danger calls, count on me, and I shall e

October 21, 2011, 06:22:54 pm
Reply #61

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 ;)

We already do, but it's very elitist! It's called the royal family....

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

October 22, 2011, 05:42:52 pm
Reply #62

3070dan

• Campaigner

• View Profile
At the end of the day the only way to create change that's needed is for a political party to make the changes. 
That's the way the UK is entrenched and organised.  We are the peasants and slave-class to the stooges in parliament.  Things aren't going to change by themselves alas...

One of the reasons that I am pro RKBA is because I believe that power belongs to the people, and that people should retain as much power as they could. I don't think that people should be completely dependant on trying to alway's vote for the right politician at the right time. If that was possible, then society probably would not need the RKBA. Or at least there would be one less reason for it.

February 19, 2012, 09:35:22 pm
Reply #63

Fox-of-Liberty

• Gun Wise

• Cornwall, UK

• View Profile
Do you have a British version of the Constitution party? Which pretty much is based on returning a country back to its original constitutional boundaries.

www.republic.org.uk/

This may be a grassroots movement at the moment, but they are showing promise for enforcing political change. Their stance of firearms is unknown right now, I'm trying to find that out.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

February 20, 2012, 12:46:08 am
Reply #64

Fox-of-Liberty

• Gun Wise

• Cornwall, UK

• View Profile
I'm not sure what has happend to LPUK. Their website appears to have gone down and I haven't heard anything about them in recent time either.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

June 18, 2012, 04:25:22 pm
Reply #65

bogbeagle

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    English serf ... grubbing about in York.
    • View Profile
LPUK folded after some "accountancy discrepancies" and internecine wrangles, I understand.

TBH, the idea of a Libertarian political party is a bit of an oxymoron... and, yes, I was a member.

June 18, 2012, 07:53:20 pm
Reply #66

Lord David

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
I don't see why it's an oxymoron. Libertarians believe in minimal government, not anarchy.

May 05, 2013, 05:03:50 pm
Reply #67

Crimefree

• Campaigner

• View Profile
It does not matter what a political parties policy is.  No political party will push any agenda that is against public opinion.  And while politicians are constantly influencing public opinion to get what they want, no politician wants to be seen dead supporting firearm ownership in a hostile environment.  A hostile environment is when the majority of the public support gun control.  Firearm ownership cannot help political power in any way at all.  Removing firearm from citizens is every politicians dream for power.

Firearm owners will not vote or support such a party.  Politicians know that.  Gun control supporters will.

We allowed public opinion to grow and increase by sitting on our bum while gun control went to work.  Partly due to ignorance and party due to the fact firearm organisations do not care about our rights.

This can be seen very clearly in the US and anyone who claims firearm organisations have caused the rejection of increased background checks had better be able to show how and why.  Gun control will not make the same mistakes again unlike firearm organisations.

The only solution that has any possible chance of working is to reverse public opinion.  Without that all efforts will fail and we will continue to lose until we have lost all.  And I mean all.

December 10, 2013, 03:48:27 pm
Reply #68

Crimefree

• Campaigner

• View Profile
Thought you had your FAC looking at your other posts and vids, what happened? how did they delay it?

Well I had practically signed up for an my UKPSA safety course but got work overseas.  So I cancelled that, got a refund and went off on my adventures.

The local gun club, that previously had been reasonable with me, saying 'Get your practical safety course done and we'll use that as authority for FAC application as you've been with us over a year'
While I was overseas they turned around and had a meeting about my probationary membership.

I had wanted to change things a bit, to make the gun club more up-to-date - Website, more practical carbine shoots etc etc.
Well they all sat down and some slimeball amid their ranks who doesn't like my 'style' turned around and said 'Buzz had a link on his website for arm britain who advocate the right to bear arms and self-defence! *Whine Whine.*
That was the crux of me getting the boot.
The official reason was my 'shooting practices' would be best suited with another gun club.  Which is basically an insult given the times I've kowtowed and towed the line with them.  It's a twenty mile round-trip and I was rolling up their every week some months.  The guys who've got their FAC only have to attend 3 times a year, it was like a ghost club some months.  Fair enough, but putting in all that effort really pissed me off (still pisses me off).

They wouldn't change but want to keep their club an ivory-towered establishment.
The gun club culture of gun ownership HAS to change, it's strangling people.
I'll give you an example.
Just after I'd joined a father and son showed up.  Unrelated and unknown.
Well I was nearby as one of the three 'grand masters' explained the bs FAC procedure.
He put it across in such a drab, morbid and fearful way that the pair were gone before and never seen again.  If I knew then what I know now I'm positive I could of gotten the guy in the door, signed up and on the road to FAC and practically assure him of a SGC.  Hell I'd even help the guy installing it!
Not this bunch of clowns. 
I was a bit starry-eyed at the whole 'gun club scene' at that point but even then I thought 'He could of done that better.'
Ok Rant over.

It is so sad to read stuff like this but what has happened is a known desired and wanted result of the legislation nobody bothered to oppose.  It places clubs in an evaluation position and process that is co-dependent on police largess and favour.  Some may foolishly think that is a good idea.  It's not as it can only create ELITISM and what you experienced was elitism at work.

It is really very simple each one of those clubs from the top to the bottom is filled by people who consider themselves better than others.  Who government has chosen and favoured with firearm ownership they have PROVEN they DESERVE.  Each one of them will protect that position and status by supporting the laws which allow it and driving off any who oppose.

Gun control and government have successfully created a very large contingent of firearm owner supporters who will fight for them and fight those they are closely associated with to keep gun control and their status intact.

They believe that they can survive gun control by collaboration, appeasement and agreement.  Anything that threatens this ideology is seen as a threat against their safety and will be resisted with all they have. The are in self preservation mode.

May 14, 2014, 02:53:09 pm
Reply #69

ViS

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
Look in the UK gun owners are gun owner's greatest enemies. I bet 90% of pop Never saw a handgun up close in real life so how can they really be against handguns? What's it to them? It's the distorted image that bounces off from, or sometimes even is deliberately generated by, the hoplophobic indentured-shooters organizations like NRA, and it hits the meinstream media damaging Your rep.

As for UKiP, there's an interesting thing. On web forums, in comment sections under some articles, on YT and such i see LOTS of comments like "handgun ban repeal would be nice, but UKiP in government wouldn't. "I suport the ban repeal, but I can't bear Farrage", etc.)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:12:26 pm by ViS »
EST ENIM NON SCRIPTA SED NATA LEX QUOD VIM VI REPELLERE LICET.

August 28, 2016, 08:02:59 pm
Reply #70

The-lizard

• View Profile
General election (2015) candidate stances on gun ownership can be found here. This information is provided by Firearms UK.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:04:27 pm by The-lizard »

October 25, 2016, 04:01:52 pm
Reply #71

The-lizard

• View Profile
Link to another thread about political party stances on gun ownership: http://www.armbritain.com/forum/index.php?topic=37.0