Author Topic: An in-yer-face tactic  (Read 8099 times)

December 20, 2010, 02:30:05 pm
Read 8099 times

bogbeagle

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    English serf ... grubbing about in York.
    • View Profile
I was thinking of challenging an anti to a debate.

Someone like Cope or perhaps a high-profile copper or politician. For too long, they have set the agenda. It's time to become more aggressive and challenging.

Put the challenge out in the open, such that they cannot refuse to pick up the gauntlet, without losing face.

If any of you would care to discuss this tactic, I'd suggest that we do it by arrangement and by Skype, rather than on the forum.

December 20, 2010, 02:42:59 pm
Reply #1

The Pianist

• Master of the five stringed banjo

• Personal Text
    Use a gun. If that don't work... Use a bigger gun.
    • View Profile
I very much agree. If people can see that gun owners are rational, nice people who use logical arguments rather than emotion then that would be a great boost.
Id fancy giving it a go :P

December 20, 2010, 03:32:21 pm
Reply #2

pilingswivel

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
Suppose that could work, after all, most people in general are probably not devout anti's, they've simply been conditioned to automatically think "guns kill-guns are bad".
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:34:47 pm by pilingswivel »
"Touch not the cat but a glove." Motto of Clan Macpherson

"This is the lower sling swivel. And this is the upper sling swivel, whose use you will see, when you are given your slings. And this is the piling swivel, which in your case you have not got."
From 'Naming Of Parts' , by Henry Reed

December 20, 2010, 07:05:35 pm
Reply #3

Kent Militia

This sounds like a good idea. I only hope that it is not on their terms so we get to be seen as a bunch of "dangerous gun nuts". This will hurt our position but it wouldn't if we have a fair, calm level headed debate.

December 21, 2010, 03:29:44 am
Reply #4

BritainNeedsGuns.co.uk

Remember that I've already had a debate with Lucy Cope, but I'd be happy to take part in any future debates that you may want to arrange.

December 21, 2010, 04:06:07 am
Reply #5

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    An armed society is a polite society...
    • View Profile
Remember that I've already had a debate with Lucy Cope, but I'd be happy to take part in any future debates that you may want to arrange.

Good moves man, give her hell :D

December 21, 2010, 02:52:24 pm
Reply #6

3070dan

• Campaigner

• View Profile
The advice that I would give is:

1. Don't do it by yourself,

2. Try and record the debate, either on a camcorder, or a tape recorder.

December 23, 2010, 04:43:23 pm
Reply #7

AL Ranger

• Personal Text
    Have Gun, Will Travel! From Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
    • Alabama Open Carry
In our debates with police when it comes to Open Carry, we have taken to carrying recorders on a full-time basis. We carry them as part of just going about armed. In many cases, they have gotten us out of arrest or other hassles. Some are audio recorders and some are audio/video. Mine is a MinoHD Flip video. I carry it in a pocket or on a pouch on my gun belt.

Recording a conversation with any one bent on restricting your gun rights is a good thing to do. You never know when it will come in handy.
I'm the Media Director for Alabama Open Carry. Check out our website @ www.alabamaopencarry.com

December 23, 2010, 10:08:57 pm
Reply #8

Kent Militia

This is exactly why I usually carry around a camera with me which can take video as well, in case I am ever unlawfully stopped or/and detained by the police or by any other agency I can record the conversation/situation and should they try to charge me with something I can sue the asses out of them for illegal detention.

January 20, 2011, 12:14:34 pm
Reply #9

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 ;)

Correct. Similar to the rules for clampers!! Some of the places I've worked have the best CCTV out there! 9 out of 10 places however were using covert cameras outside. These were not "legally" evidencial but those organisations didn't work that way anyway. Inside they would have tiny little stickers on the entrances. That covered them for internal spying! They seemed to trust staff even less than the general public!

What you need is a pocket recorder/memo taker, with just 2 buttons, record and play. While not admissible as evidence they could be used for mitigation etc. Depends on what you did!

Spike.

Graham you are so sweet! :-*
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

January 20, 2011, 01:07:39 pm
Reply #10

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 :)

They just changed the rules.... What I meant was you park. Look around. All's well. Go away, come back-clamped! Somewhere is a tiny little sign, 25 feet up a tree with the warning on it! You have to be advised, in advance, but it doesn't have to be too obvious!!!!

Gotta love Britain. Maybe!

Spike.

January 20, 2011, 01:10:42 pm
Reply #11

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 :D

How about stickers on your car windows and a badge on your jacket..... All incidents will be recorded and may be used as evidence! ?

Legal or not?

Spike. ???

January 20, 2011, 01:20:07 pm
Reply #12

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
Problem there is that recorded conversations aren't admissible in British courts if they were recorded without permission. I'm not sure about in the past, but since the Human Rights Act was passed you can't record or photograph someone without permission.

Yes but that doesn't cover a public place though. 
Once you are in the public domain there is no law forbidding you from actually photographing it.  Now if people come into what you're taking pictures of that's tough sht, they are in the public domain now and cannot stop someone taking pictures.  They can ask you right enough, but they can't stop you.
In someones private home or a shop that's a different story.  That's premises of an owner and you need his/her permission.
An exception to this is the city of london which is under royal decree / different (much more authoritarian) laws.

January 20, 2011, 01:22:10 pm
Reply #13

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 ???

All encompassing Anti terror law. You cannot photograph police on duty!

Spike.

January 23, 2011, 12:52:32 pm
Reply #14

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    • View Profile

Yes but that doesn't cover a public place though. 
Once you are in the public domain there is no law forbidding you from actually photographing it.  Now if people come into what you're taking pictures of that's tough sht, they are in the public domain now and cannot stop someone taking pictures.  They can ask you right enough, but they can't stop you.
In someones private home or a shop that's a different story.  That's premises of an owner and you need his/her permission.
An exception to this is the city of london which is under royal decree / different (much more authoritarian) laws.

You can't stop them taking photos of you, but you can stop them using those photos in their "work." They can't profit from your image, it's your property, they need permission to use it. It's tied into the IP and copyright and so on regulations as well as Human Rights Act.

Dude, you are chasing shadows.
The public domain is just that!
Yes they can profit off it. 
They don't 'own' a picture that's been taken unless it's specifically taken of that person. 
I say again, if you're taking pictures that person cannot do a thing about it if they are in the frame when you take it.
Anyone who says otherwise is actually supporting a draconian infringement on people who make a living off pictures etc.

There are film makers who profit off crowds, peoples faces all the time and they don't pay a penny to the so-called 'image' of the people etc.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095895/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085809/

Human right act? Don't make me laugh, that so-called act has done untold damage to the UK due to people hijacking it!

January 23, 2011, 02:01:27 pm
Reply #16

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile

January 23, 2011, 05:55:17 pm
Reply #17

MattP

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
Don't think it is against the law to film the police on public property but they don't like it and try to use the anti terror laws to prevent it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfQrDK9YHas

Darren Pollard is good at telling the Police what the law really is.

Like he says on either that vid or another "you film us mate, I'll film you"

I believe the laws; which prevent subjects of the crown from being able to defend themselves, to be unjust and biased towards those that would do us harm.   I am here to support the campaign to change those laws.

February 06, 2011, 03:23:57 am
Reply #19

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
A casual photographer was prevented from taking photos outside Buckingham Palace by police cadets.

LMAO you mean a bunch of fucking teenagers with no real powers pretending to be real cops?

February 06, 2011, 02:38:46 pm
Reply #20

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 ;D

That's the ones!

Spike.

February 06, 2011, 07:11:01 pm
Reply #21

shooting matters oracle

• Personal Text
    guns dont kill,people do.
    • View Profile
I have challenged many to debates over the years, always they decline as they see i know exactly what im talking about. ive even emailed that professor squires, without reply I might add. Anyone out there wanna or dare to challenge me to a debate?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:21:22 pm by Admin »
always judge a man by how he treats someone that is of no use to him.

February 06, 2011, 07:46:05 pm
Reply #22

The Pianist

• Master of the five stringed banjo

• Personal Text
    Use a gun. If that don't work... Use a bigger gun.
    • View Profile
Unfortunately we don't have a resident anti, but I'd be willing to pretend :P

February 07, 2011, 12:44:45 am
Reply #23

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 :D

Great we get to gang up on you!

Spike.