Author Topic: Freedom of Speech  (Read 4847 times)

January 28, 2011, 09:43:02 am
Read 4847 times

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
So, in my opinion, the last nail in the coffin of Free Speech was hammered in by the firing of Andy Gray after an OFF AIR conversation he had with fellow commentator Richard Keys, (who incidentally resigned due to this same conversation being publicised) was blown out of context (as usual) by the media.

Prior to this, comedian Frankie Boyle (as offensive as he is, I still like his material) has also been portrayed as an evil man in the media over things he's said, once again quoting lines and blowing them completely out of context.

Now, there are some things people say I don't agree with or like, but who said that old quote about not agreeing with what you say but fighting to the death your right to say it... the British people could really benefit from reading that quote.

Oh wait I forgot, freedom of speech is an American thing, and Americans are "uncivilised" and "trigger happy" so anything they like is very un-English indeed. Fuck freedom of speech

January 28, 2011, 11:09:00 am
Reply #1

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
It's also ironic that an F-bomb I ironically dropped while talking about free speech was censored. Just saying...

January 28, 2011, 11:18:00 am
Reply #2

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 :o

Wait! You thought we had freedom of speech? Bet you learned that in a state school!

Spike. :D
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

January 28, 2011, 11:51:45 am
Reply #3

HardBaller

• Campaigner

• View Profile
We don't have free speech, as was proven by that american pastor speaking against islam, when he was barred from entering England. Islamic hate clerics speaking against the west? The police probably fetch them some starbucks during their "protest".

January 28, 2011, 03:00:35 pm
Reply #4

3070dan

• Campaigner

• View Profile
For some reason, even Michael Savage is barred from this country.

January 28, 2011, 03:42:55 pm
Reply #5

RomanA

• Campaigner

• View Profile
    • UK Gunroom e-comerce
We don't have free speech, as was proven by that american pastor speaking against islam, when he was barred from entering England. Islamic hate clerics speaking against the west? The police probably fetch them some starbucks during their "protest".

The so called "Hate speech" and "policial correctness" put the freedom of speech principle in the UK at a grave danger...

Say freedom of speech to Kim Ill Jung and hell probably run the other way as fast he can  ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:04:57 pm by Admin »
The answer to 1984 is 1776

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both"

Benjamin Franklin (January 17th 1706 ? April 17th 1790)

January 29, 2011, 04:33:33 am
Reply #6

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
Didn't I also read somewhere on here that a user had been forced to leave this forum by the police or risk losing his FAC?

January 29, 2011, 07:03:16 am
Reply #7

stefano

• Master of the five stringed banjo

• View Profile
As George Carlin said;

The smartest way to control society isn't to be an open dictatorship like Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Hussain..etc, but to give people the illusion of freedom, the illusion of choice.

Let people think they can change things by voting, when it doesn't change a thing, let people think they can say what they like..until it's about something we don't like.

The secret recipe is simple, brainwash the slave into thinking they are free, then they will never resist.
Freedom will prevail

Pro-Gun > Pro-Freedom > Pro-Common-Sense

Lose One - Lose them all

January 29, 2011, 09:49:37 am
Reply #8

Ali3nat0r

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• View Profile
I'd like to hear a few Americans' views about this topic, as far as I know freedom of speech is pretty much set in stone by their laws. The only (sort of) case I can think of atm is South Park's showing (or not showing, as they were censored by the network) of the prophet Mohammed (which the network admitted they censored because they were worried about being targeted by terrorists, which I think means the terrorists won but hey)

January 29, 2011, 11:28:28 am
Reply #9

Spike

• Campaigner

• Personal Text
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    • View Profile
 :o

America and freedom of speech...... explain that to wikileaks!

Spike.
People should not be afraid of their governments.

Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"

January 29, 2011, 01:38:04 pm
Reply #10

MattP

• Gun Wise

• View Profile
I was banned from a forum for using the word 'Bradistan' to describe Bradford, look on wiki and the Guardian, Newstatesman and Asians and whites all use the word.

The PTB have got this country pretty well locked down by indoctrinated people who yell racist, bigot and all sorts of other abuse if you say anything they deem as being against non white people.  It must be a huge joke to Asians, for them to hide behind these morons.

I used to think you could pretty well say what you wanted on the net, but now after Kent's experiences, I see you can't.

Now would be  a good time to look up Ian Puddick and see how things really work in the UK!

http://www.ianpuddick.co.uk/

Ian Puddick, a small business owner, was raided by anti-terrorist police. WHAT WAS HIS CRIME? He reported his wife?s affair with a top city boss to some of her co-workers. Since then Kroll, a global private investigation frim, the City of London Policeserious crimes office and multinational financial giants have placed him under surveillance, brought legal action against him, and placed restraining orders on him. Puddick Stands trail on 13th December 2010 so don?t let them get away with this. Stop the corporate takeover of our Police, Our Laws!
I believe the laws; which prevent subjects of the crown from being able to defend themselves, to be unjust and biased towards those that would do us harm.   I am here to support the campaign to change those laws.

January 30, 2011, 05:42:51 pm
Reply #11

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    An armed society is a polite society...
    • View Profile
Didn't I also read somewhere on here that a user had been forced to leave this forum by the police or risk losing his FAC?

Correct, this is what comes of the parliement creatures palming off the firearm legislation over to the ivory tower's of FEO's and the like.

January 30, 2011, 05:45:15 pm
Reply #12

Buzz-Rision

• Tech
  • Campaigner

• Tiger Ryder

• Personal Text
    An armed society is a polite society...
    • View Profile
I was banned from a forum for using the word 'Bradistan' to describe Bradford, look on wiki and the Guardian, Newstatesman and Asians and whites all use the word.

The PTB have got this country pretty well locked down by indoctrinated people who yell racist, bigot and all sorts of other abuse if you say anything they deem as being against non white people.  It must be a huge joke to Asians, for them to hide behind these morons.

The word you are looking for concerning those who attempt to silence us are 'Useful idiots'...

February 04, 2011, 12:24:39 am
Reply #13

Ian puddick

• View Profile
Biggest abuse of power by city of London counter terrorism and major crimes directorate, google 'operation bohan' and you will find that all freedom of information requests have been declined on the grounds of national security/not in public interest.
What's it about??
City police don't want you to know, DC Sarah Mayo from the crimes and Investigation directorate says that even if you say or publish something true, it is a criminal offence if it upsets someone, find out why city police have tried to ban and censor this site.
www.policeexpenses.co.uk

Guy carpenter limited, Kroll, Ian Puddick, Michael Wolkind QC
Fraud at board level at guy carpenter causes high level resignation and police cover up, sex in the office and board room, fiddled expenses and city police denials